Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Fresh Coat

I recently decided, due to my financial state and loneliness, to move into a new house with a roomate. I've been slowly moving stuff over there from my house. A whole four blocks maybe. Before I moved any of my bedroom over I wanted to get my room painted so nothing would be in the way. I went for gray. After I narrowed it down to two shades I liked I got samples and painted them on the wall. One light, one dark. I then realized if I just did the whole thing in the lighter gray I'd have to cover the darker sample which I'm guessing wouldn't have been the easiest thing to do. So I painted that one wall dark and the other three light. I like how it turned out. Got some paint on the ceiling in places and managed to spill a puddle of it on the uncoved floor. Cleaned that up right away and figured nobody is going to make a point to stare at my ceiling so it all worked out.
decided not to cut in around covers
light on the left, dark on the right
one side
from doorway

special attention to the lovely light fixture

No comments: